BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago River North - A Downtown Chicago Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS River North Hotel is centrally located in vibrant downtown, just s short walk or a free trolley ride from the city's landmark Navy Pier on the shores of Lake Michigan. The famous Magnificent Mile section of Michigan Avenue where you'll find the best shopping in downtown Chicago is only a few blocks from the hotel.
Chicago's finest attractions, restaurants, clubs, museums, and businesses are also within walking distance or else minutes away via transportation. McCormick Place, the largest convention center in the country, is 3 miles from BEST WESTERN PLUS River North Hotel Chicago.
Downtown Chicago Cuisine -
Just across the street from BEST WESTERN PLUS River North are some of Chicago's most famous eateries, including Hard Rock Café Chicago and the Rainforest Café. Our in-house restaurant, Pizzeria Ora, serves world-famous Chicago-style deep dish pizza as well as an American-style breakfast. If you're looking to take in some Chicago Blues, the House of Blues nightclub is just a few blocks away.
Chicago Sports -
All of the major downtown Chicago sports arenas are within a few miles of BEST WESTERN PLUS River North. Located close to the hotel are the United Center (2 mi), home of the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks; Soldier Field (2.5 mi), home of the Chicago Bears NFL football team; Wrigley Field (4 mi), home of the Chicago Cubs; and U.S. Cellular Field (4.5 mi), a.k.a. Comiskey Park, home of the Chicago White Sox. Public transportation to Chicago sports facilities can be reached within two blocks of the hotel with convenient routes to all sporting events.
Chicago Arts & Culture -
Alive with culture and history, Chicago offers world-famous museums and unique art galleries. The downtown Museum Campus, less than two miles from our hotel, is home to three of Chicago's most beloved museums: The Field Museum of Natural History, the John G. Shedd Aquarium, and Adler Planetarium. The Museum of Contemporary Art, the Museum of Science and Industry, and the Art Institute of Chicago are all downtown like us, so they're just a short drive or bus ride away. Printed directions are available for these attractions and more from our front desk.
Chicago Attractions near BEST WESTERN PLUS River North
- Navy Pier - 1 mile (free trolley avail. seasonally)
- Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower)
- 1 mile
- Adler Planetarium - 2.5 miles
- Field Museum of Natural History - 2.5 miles
- Shedd Aquarium - 2.5 miles
- Water Tower Landmark - 1 mile
- McCormick Place Convention Center - 3 miles
- Art Institute of Chicago - 1.5 miles
- Museum of Science and Industry - 8.5 miles
- United Center (Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks)
- 2.5 miles
- Soldier Field (Chicago Bears) - 2.5 miles
- Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs) - 4 miles
- US Cellular Field/Comiskey Park (Chicago White Sox) - 4.5 miles
Chicago Shopping -
Downtown Chicago is the ultimate shopping destination! The world-famous Magnificent Mile on N. Michigan Avenue is only 6 blocks from our front doors. Visit State Street's department stores and jewelry shops, or admire the fabulous downtown decorations during the Lights Festival every November. Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline provide unchanging, glorious backdrops to the upscale boutiques along nearby Oak Street.
- Magnificent Mile/Michigan Avenue - 6 blocks
- Macy's (formerly the landmark Marshall Field's) - 1 mile
- State Street - 1 mile
- Oak Street - 1 mile
- Chicago Stock Exchange - 1 mile
- IBM - 0.5 miles
- McCormick Place - 3 miles
- CTA Public Bus Transportation - 50 feet
- Subway/Elevated Train - 4 blocks
- Metra Rail - 1 mile
- Amtrak/Union Station - 1.5 miles
- Greyhound - 2 miles
- Meigs Field Airport - 3.5 miles
- Chicago Midway Airport - 12 miles
[public transport easily accessible]
- O'Hare International Airport - 17 miles
(shuttle service available 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. with charge of $30.00 each way)
[public transport also easily accessible]
Chicago Hotel Location Map